O&O Defrag activates the hidden performance of your computer and packs file fragments efficiently and securely together. O&O Defrag gives you everything from fully automated defragmentation to a professional set up: everything a good defragmentation software should give you.
Download a FREE trial of the software
If you would like to download a FREE trial of the software before purchasing,
simply complete the form below. Once submitted, you will be given a link to
the software ready for download.
O&O Defrag gives you everything from fully automated defragmentation to a professional set up: everything a good defragmentation software should give you.
An increasingly fragmented hard disk compromises the performance of your computer. This occurs as a result of frequent write and read access, during your daily routines, while surfing or gaming, or due to frequent user access on Server. For a lasting maximum speed while accessing files, it is important that your data is organized systematically.
- Defragmentation summary
- Live Update
- Simplified user interface
- QuickStart wizard of O&O Defrag
- O&O ActivityMonitor
- Automatic optimization
- Advanced report management
- Optimization for all makes of Solid State Drives (SSDs)
If you spend a lot of time on your PC, slow system and program starts or system crashes while playing can be very frustrating. Periodic defragmentation often works wonders in bringing new life to a PC.
Your privacy is our priority
Our latest version of O&O Defrag can also be used for deleting free space on hard disks. This prevents traces of confidential data left over from partially-deleted or temporary files from falling into the hands of any strangers.
Benefits of a clearly laid out hard disk
Whenever it saves data, Windows scatters file fragments all over the hard disk and this slows down access times considerably. Defragmentation reverses this by rearranging data and speeding up access times dramatically. This not only saves the user time, it also reduces wear on hard disks and extends their life expectancy. Defragmentation can even make the difference if you lose important data because chances of full recovery are better on a defragmented disk. Why? After defragmentation, it’s easier for data recovery software such as O&O DiskRecovery to restore files when they’re not scattered across multiple areas of a hard disk.
Automatic background defragmentation
Automatic defragmentation is enabled by default following installation and optimizes disks behind the scenes, without interfering in a computer’s performance. You can set O&O Defrag to run defragmentation at a certain level of fragmentation, on particular days of the week, or whenever your screensaver is being used. Defragmentation can be paused and resumed whenever you want because O&O Defrag automatically recognizes where defragmentation was interrupted.
We recommend manual defragmentation for PCs that are being used heavily because only a user can decide when the time is right to give up the performance needed for running defragmentation. On computers using video editing or graphics applications, O&O Defrag can be configured to not start automatic optimization while certain programs are running. The default settings in O&O Defrag are more than adequate for ordinary desktop PCs running mainly internet or office applications. O&O Defrag is also perfect for notebooks. Whenever an external power supply is disconnected, O&O Defrag automatically goes into pause mode to save energy.
Made in Germany. Made in Berlin.
All O&O product are developed and serviced in Berlin. We take the concerns of our customers very seriously because we know just how important their data is for them: and what’s more, we’ve been doing this for over ten years!
- New: Automatic deletion of free space for more privacy
- New: Optimizing systems with Thin Provisioning
- Unique: Time View to see which defragmentation activity results in which successful optimization
- Improved: Easy-to-Use: Ideal for Beginners and Professionals
- Improved: Even faster system and program starts
- Improved: Defragmentation time reduced by up to 40%
- Improved: Defragmentation of locked files
- Improved: Optimization of Solid State Drives (SSDs) of any make
- Performance increases of up to 100%
- Prevents new fragmentation from occurring
- Extends the life of your hardware
- Accelerates your Internet browser
- Increases chances for recovering lost data
- Automatic background defragmentation
- Faster backup and restoration
- Defragments PCs at the push of a button
- Remote control in the same network
- Defrags multiple drives simultaneously
- Adapts itself to system load (O&O Activity Guard)
- Zone filing (Optional)
- Defragments individual files and folders
- A total of eight defragmentation methods for any application scenario
- Power Management for Notebooks
- Assistant for scheduling defragmentation
- Screensaver mode defragments in your absence
- Support for USB sticks and memory cards
- Automatic updates of new product versions
Evaluation and analysis functions
- Intuitive display of fragmentation levels on drives
- Tracking of successful defragmentation over time
- Evaluation of most heavily fragmented files
- Overview of successful defragmentation with before-and-after comparisons
- Dynamic and interactive display of defragmentation
- Detailed report management
- Physical location of file fragments on the hard disk can be analyzed
Supports Windows® 8.1, 8, 7, Vista® und XP