Desktop Authority Management Suite enables administrators to proactively provision and manage the Windows user environment. With the suite, you can easily create a secure, consistent environment for each user, and ensure that applications run with only the privileges and access needed.
Desktop Authority Management Suite comprises two solutions: Desktop Authority and Privilege Manager.
Desktop Authority Management Suite provides Windows user environment management across:
- Devices: Simplifies the hassle of securing devices by customizing the environment at first login, configuring the firewall and managing browser security for physical, virtual and published Windows environments. Centrally controls access to external devices to secure data.
- Applications: Ensures applications remain available and ready by configuring shortcuts, customizing settings, maintaining access to network resources and providing only the administrative privileges needed.
- Identities: Shapes the user environment to the user identity, instantly configuring drives, printers, folders, shortcuts, Outlook profiles, administrative privileges and more, tailored to the user’s unique needs
- Real-time targeting engine:Desktop Authority and Privilege Manager tailor settings, administrative privileges and configurations by user, computer, network address or dozens of other criteria using the suite’s patented Validation Logic targeting engine. This simplifies initial provisioning and environment setup, enforces user access policies, and automatically updates configurations and settings.
- User environment configuration: Desktop Authority configures access to company resources, manages security settings, configures Outlook profiles and Office settings, and customizes registry settings.
- Environment security: Desktop Authority Management Suite prevents security problems where they’re most likely to occur: at the desktop. Set security policies, control administrative privileges, manage the firewall, lock inactive computers and manage browser security and privacy settings for machines, applications and data.
- Remote user support: Desktop Authority’s ExpertAssist remote management system manages more than 40 computer tasks without interrupting the user, including accessing system information, controlling processes, running remote command-line commands, and copying files.
- Powerful auditing of settings and activity: Use the robust reporting in Desktop Authority and Privilege Manager to audit user login activity and elevated privilege activity. You can easily track changes as well as generate a breadth of reports.
Desktop Authority Standard
|Supported operating systems||The Desktop Authority Web Console (Manager) can be installed on any of the following servers:
The Desktop Authority client side components can be installed on any of the following clients:
Desktop Authority server components can be installed on a domain controller; however the best practice recommendation is to install Desktop Authority on a member server.
|Required software applications||Web Console (Manager)The following applications are required and will be installed as part of the Desktop Authority installation. Installation of these applications may require a system reboot:
The minimum screen resolution for the Desktop Authority web console is 1024 x 768.
Desktop Authority supports Microsoft SQL Server version 2005 and later.
Client side applications
User account permission requirements For use with Desktop Authority services:
Carefully consider all requirements, specifically the additional server software prerequisites, when deciding where to install Desktop Authority. If you choose to install on a domain controller, make sure these prerequisites are acceptable before starting the installation.
Request a Trial / Quote for this Product